SHUMAS celebrates her 23rd anniversary this month in grand humanitarian style by reaching out to 1000IDPs in the North West Region of Cameroon.
SHUMAS turns 23 years today 21st April 2020. Thanks to her partnership with the BSFA-UK, and her many supporters in the UK, SHUMAS reach out to 1000IDPs living in forest, bushes and agricultural farmlands as well as some vulnerable IDPs living in appalling conditions in some neighbourhood in the city of Bamenda.
Assistance consisted of;
- Non-food Items (NFIs), matrasses, mosquito nets (LLINs)
- Wash kits (buckets, soap, cups, jerry cans, aqua taps, etc.)
- Training of community health workers from community base disease surveillance using smartphones.
- Consultation and treatment of children, 0-5years from malaria, diarrhea, and pneumonia.
- Provision of intermittent preventive treatment ( Fansidar for malaria prevention and multivitamin to pregnant women.
- Provision of vitamin supplementation and de-worming medication to children of 6 -59 months
- Screening f children 6-59months for malnutrition using MUAC taps for malnutrition.
De-worming and screening of children below 5 years.
- Sensitization of vulnerable communities on the causes, signs, symptoms, and prevention of COVID -19 through practical demonstration of hand washing, provision of aforementioned wash kits.
Capacity building and symbolic handing over of start material to vulnerable IDPs women. Food distribution exercise.